I’ve been baking cookies for years, but I have never made a salted chocolate chunk cookie. I was inspired by all the reviews on Amazon where people raved about this recipe and said that their kids devoured them! So, here we go:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten (or substitute another egg substitute)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional) (optional) * 3 cups all-purpose flour, PLUS extra for dusting the baking sheet and rolling pin before rolling out dough onto it. You can use whole wheat pastry flour if you’d like! The more work involved in making these cookies, the better they will be later on when you bite into them—and who doesn’t want that? If you’re using regular white flour, then I recommend using a bit less than half of this total amount; otherwise your cookie might turn out too flat or tough after baking because there isn’t enough protein in each bite without having to worry about all this extra dough!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda combined with 1/2 teaspoon salt – This combination makes sure that your cookies stay soft throughout their entire life cycle by keeping them from getting too crispy at any point during cooking time (which could lead to burning). If using unsalted butter instead of salted ones then skip step #2 below since unsalted butter doesn’t contain any sodium chloride content whatsoever so there wouldn’t be anything preventing these chunks from becoming hard as stone truffles once cooled down into an edible state.”
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), cream butter for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy; add sugar slowly until well incorporated into mixture (about 3-4 minutes). Add eggs one at a time mixing on low speed until each has been added into the batter before adding next egg; scrape down sides of bowl as needed during mixing process so that no lumps form in batter when mixing is complete (about 5-7 minutes total).
- With mixer on low speed mix in vanilla extract until combined fully with other ingredients then turn off machine’s power immediately after adding vanilla extract by pressing stop button located inside bottom right corner near handle area where cord plugs into wall socket – do NOT turn back on yet!!
I really want to bake cookies!
Baking is a great way to relax, spend time with family and friends and create something delicious.
Now, go bake your own cookie!